Τετάρτη 16 Ιανουαρίου 2008

Flashback: The Old Lady


So here I am , standing outside my apartment where I moved a couple a years ago. From the first moment I rented this house I was deeply amazed from the first moment I’ve seen the granny of the nearest apartment. She’s about 90 years old, living all alone. Every afternoon she sits at her balcony just when the sunset starts. She has this waiting expression all over her face like waiting for somebody.

“Poor ol’ lady” I thought “living alone here. Well she is already at a difficult age so I m going talk to her so, if she need’ s some help one day she’ll have the courage to ask it from me.”

“Good morning granny”. No reply.

The next day. “Good morning Granny!” No reply again and this time an angry look.

“Oh well” I think “under the medication she is she’ll probably taken me for a green dragon or something”. She will get to know me no problem I m her neighbor after all.

After 2 years:

That fucking stupid old hag still does not say a good morning to me. Even so she never missed on gossiping about me, my wife and my brother with that other bitch my landlady. Who comes in , who comes out , how many beers we bought , our laundry every fucking everything.

And me? I’m the stupid 24 year’s old boy that wanted to be friends with his fellowman and neighbor. Every time I see now this old hag outside her balcony waiting I want to whisper to her ear with the most terrifying way “Do not wait any longer mortal. I m death I have come to take you.”

Bottom Line:

I don’t know why people have stopped looking their fellowman inside the eyes. This town, Athens is one of a kind I tell you.

I live in Kypseli, the world's second most densely populated urban area.

Being around people is not an issue here you can see them they are all over the place from so many different countries. I respect every people that chose to live in this shit hole because I completely understand them.

But do tell me oh dearest fellowman, why the fuck do you deny the hand your fellowman has to give you? Why don’t you mind your own business and stay out of mine. There is no trust for fellowman these days. Society’s stereotypes and the media have manipulated people so much that people lost trust to each other. We do not know who lives next door and it has come to “we don’t care and don’t want to know” feeling.

Don’t let them treat you like animals. You are not sheep and definitely they are not shepherds... After all how many shepherds have you seen with bodyguards and silk suits?

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: