Τρίτη 23 Σεπτεμβρίου 2008

Internet Friends


If you are reading this you probably already know what Internet Friends are. We all learned in some part of our life what pen-friends are. Basically I think internet friends are the evolution of pen-friends. Pen and paper is considered lame nowadays for communication. We have so many e-forms to do it. Internet Chat Services, Social Internet Sites, Electronic Mail countless possibilities to contact someone else far away just behind your pc.

However this phenomenon raises some issues. Our fellow man has stopped looking us in the eye. The new generation kids walking outside will not look inside your eyes. Chicks or boys. The percentages of those that dare to make a straight forward introduction of themselves are dropping day by day. They won’t give you a phone number or a name or an address. However they will be happy to give you their msn username or their facebook/myspace profile where you can look them up and talk to them.

It’s funny. No it’s not. It’s actually hilarious. We live in an age with an ominous future without any doubt. Something might come one day, something big and we are going to need all the help we can get. I wonder will mankind actually make it? Society’s principals change day by day more and more. People become more alienated day after day and then they seem to develop anything that has to do with a word that’s ending with –phobia.

A friend of mine told me he lives in his apartment for 7 years now. He met his neighbors the day that an earthquake happened. What the hell? I mean ok when a disaster will happen the moment you are going to need help you will ask it won’t you? However why not knowing your neighbor in good times? Do you need the worst? Do you need to get scared and desperate in order to remember that “hey a human being is living just near your door”.

So yeah this whole internet friends deal is not something I judge right now. I’ve met wonderful people through the internet however overtime only few made it after 6-7years to my top friends list. I feel them as if they were living on the same street with me. I sometimes dream with them and making plans of opening a bar together somewhere in Amsterdam or something however I don’t know who the fuck lives next my door. And that’s not my fault I tried to be friendly I said Hello Hi good morning whatever but that scared look in their face is really a turn off.

Day by day people start to trust the people around them less and less. People are afraid of each other , they believe more what the television is spoon feeding them , they will not say who they are to you because they are afraid , however they will post all their personal details and their friends and their family members and even their kids in some internet social site.

Ok then I accept the fact that’s its more easy for people to press some buttons and form a bond with someone over a computer and meet a lot of people but do tell me. How many of those Internet people you met actually scarred you and helped you move forward in your life? How many of those internet friends will be around, no wait I meant online , for you next year? Will you still be talking to them what do you think?

What did you say? You are afraid to tell me who you are? But why I’ve seen you on facebook. I know your family your friends your schoolmates where you live what you do for living what you ate yesterday but you still will not tell me your name when I ask you straight forward in person?

It really makes me wonder.

Isn’t this hypocrisy at its best?

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: